Right, three blogs in and I realise I haven’t actually done a bio yet, though you may have gathered some notion of who I am through my constant referrals to fantasy and travel. So here are some fun facts about me:
- I’m English, though have strong Irish roots (and some faint Scottish ones).
- I have always loved storytelling, fantasy especially.
- I LOVE castles. They’re a wonderful, concrete piece of fantasy preserved in reality, and I love that.
- If I were a mythical creature I would be a fairy.
- It’s all about the little things in life!
- I love all small things, like choosing which mug to use for tea, matching a specific photograph to a frame, looking at the dappled effect the sun makes through leaves, and watching my dog’s paws all twitch in his sleep.
- I also love small things literally, miniature versions of anything are always adorable.
- I take great pride in my crockery selection, all of which display a random mix of all my favourite fantasy, literary, and travel themes.
- Despite being English, I hated tea until less than a year ago. Now I fear there’s no going back, but that’s a story for another day.
- My yearning for adventure developed rapidly whilst at university, and that was where my travels really began.
- I always collect postcards from new places.
- My favourite place visited so far has been Grüner See, Austria, which translates as ‘Green lake’. A piece of my heart will always be there.
- I want to travel… everywhere! Though my big three places are South America, South Africa, and Canada.
That’s enough to be going on with for now I guess. Feel free to comment/message, I would love to hear from like-minded people, and perhaps exchange stories 🙂 Enjoy the blog!
This is the version of me I like best; up a mountain somewhere with a couple of books in my bag (just in case), a spare pair of cosy socks, totally surrounded by nature.